Table of contents
About these proceedings
ACMES (Algorithms and Complexity in Mathematics, Epistemology, and Science) is a multidisciplinary conference series that focuses on epistemological and mathematical issues relating to computation in modern science. This volume includes a selection of papers presented at the 2015 and 2016 conferences held at Western University that provide an interdisciplinary outlook on modern applied mathematics that draws from theory and practice, and situates it in proper context. These papers come from leading mathematicians, computational scientists, and philosophers of science, and cover a broad collection of mathematical and philosophical topics, including numerical analysis and its underlying philosophy, computer algebra, reliability and uncertainty quantification, computation and complexity theory, combinatorics, error analysis, perturbation theory, experimental mathematics, scientific epistemology, and foundations of mathematics.
By bringing together contributions from researchers who approach the mathematical sciences from different perspectives, the volume will further readers' understanding of the multifaceted role of mathematics in modern science, informed by the state of the art in mathematics, scientific computing, and current modeling techniques.
computer algebra perturbation theory error analysis scientific computing computation and complexity theory reliability and uncertainty quantification
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9051-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9050-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9051-1
- Series Print ISSN 1069-5265
- Series Online ISSN 2194-1564
- Buy this book on publisher's site