About this book
This detailed book explores techniques commonly used for research into drug repurposing, a well-known strategy to find alternative indications for drugs which have already undergone toxicology and pharma-kinetic studies but have failed later stages during the development, via computational methods. Thereby, it addresses the intense challenges of identifying the appropriate type of algorithm and relevant technical information for computational repurposing. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, the authors of each chapter use their experience in the field to describe the implementation and successful use of a specific repurposing method thus providing lab-ready instruction.
Authoritative and practical, Computational Methods for Drug Repurposing serves as an ideal guide to researchers interested in this vital area of drug development.
Drug discovery Alternative indications for drugs Algorithm adaptation In silico methods Pharmaceutical development
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8955-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8954-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8955-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site