Table of contents
About this book
This detailed volume collects many of the common experimental approaches used to study myogenesis. It covers subjects ranging from isolation and purification protocols, manipulation of muscle cells, transcriptomics and proteomics, metabolism and exercise, and tissue engineering. Presented methods involve different species, including human, bovine, Atlantic salmon, rats, mice, larval zebrafish, and Drosophila melanogaster. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Myogenesis: Methods and Protocols aims to serve as an essential part of many laboratory libraries and to assist researchers throughout the world in revealing the unknowns of myogenesis.
Skeletal muscle Myogenic differentiation Muscle cells CRISPR/Cas9 Tissue engineering
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8897-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8896-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8897-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site