About this book
· Introduces the Looming Vulnerability Model in its evolutionary, developmental, cognitive, and ecological contexts.
· Unites diverse theoretical strands regarding anxiety, fear, and worry including work on wildlife behavior, experimental cognition and perception, neuroimaging, and emotion.
· Defines the looming cognitive style as a core aspect of vulnerability.
· Describes the measurement of the looming cognitive style, Looming Maladaptive Style Questionnaire, and measures of looming vulnerability for specific disorders.
· Details diverse clinical applications of the LVM across the anxiety disorders.
Spotlighting phenomena particularly relevant to current times, Looming Vulnerability, brings a wealth of important new ideas to researchers studying anxiety disorders and practitioners seeking more avenues for treating anxiety in their patients.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8782-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8780-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8782-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site