Table of contents
About this book
This book provides thorough coverage of transgenic plants with methods on plant transformation, biotechnological application of transgenic plants, and future developments. Chapters are grouped into sections focusing on transformation model and crop plants, genome engineering, and transgenic event characterization. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Transgenic Plants: Methods and Protocols aims to broaden the utility for readers, provide additional references for further understanding, and present the technology’s potential for solving some of our most urgent global challenges in food security.
Transgenic crops Agrobacterium Genome engineering technology Biotechnological applications Plant transformation Genome editing Crop productivity
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8778-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8777-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8778-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site