Table of contents
About this book
This detailed book presents methods focusing on the visualization of morphogen gradients, the analysis of their biophysical and biological properties, and the theoretical aspects underlying their functions. The study of morphogen gradients combines biophysics, cell and developmental biology, and applied mathematics approaches to understand their formation, their biological functions, and the prediction of their behavior in space and time, and this volume serves as a practical, hands-on guide to the field. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and helpful, Morphogen Gradients: Methods and Protocols is an ideal collection for researchers in this vital area of study.
Progenitor cells Biophysics Applied mathematics Secreted peptides Metabolites Diffusible transcription factors
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8772-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8771-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8772-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site