About this book
This book describes approaches for the analysis of plant pathogenic fungi that range from ecosystem composition to in vitro and wet-lab to computational analyses. Chapters detail bioinformatics protocols for genome assembly, transcriptome analysis and small RNA profiling, characterization of secondary metabolome, analysis of post-translational modification and localization of proteins, examination of virulence function and interaction with plants or other microorganisms, and targeted mutagenesis using various approaches. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Plant Pathogenic Fungi and Oomycetes: Methods and Protocols aims to provide techniques developed through a wide range of perspectives to facilitate research on a comprehensive understanding of these important filamentous pathogens.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8724-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8723-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8724-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site