Table of contents
About this book
This detailed volume explores state-of-the-art methods for the identification, quantification, and characterization of microbial proteins. Split into five parts, the content addresses global sample preparation and protein enrichment, subcellular fractionation, protein quantification, analysis of post-translational protein modifications, as well as metaproteomics, a relatively new branch of microbial proteomics that investigates the proteins of all microbes comprising an environmental consortium. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Microbial Proteomics: Methods and Protocols serves as a valuable and stimulating source for all beginners and advanced researchers in the field of microbial proteomics and beyond.
Subcellular fractionation Protein quantification Metaproteomics Microbes Proteome analysis Post-translational protein modifications
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8695-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8693-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8695-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site