About this book
This detailed volume explores olfactory receptors, a topic that goes beyond classical biochemical essays and involves methods to investigate the brain areas associated with the perception of odorants. Gathering the strands of many advanced techniques, the book organizes these key methods in order to achieve a unifying comprehension of the olfactory system. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and multidisciplinary, Olfactory Receptors: Methods and Protocols serves to benefit not only those who are beginning in the field of olfactory receptors, but also those who are already working in the field and that want to learn another advanced techniques.
Odorant receptor cells Olfactory sensory neurons Intracellular second messengers Electrophysiological recording Neurobiology
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8609-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8608-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8609-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site