About this book
This fully updated book collects numerous data mining techniques, reflecting the acceleration and diversity of the development of data-driven approaches to the life sciences. The first half of the volume examines genomics, particularly metagenomics and epigenomics, which promise to deepen our knowledge of genes and genomes, while the second half of the book emphasizes metabolism and the metabolome as well as relevant medicine-oriented subjects. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include the kind of detail and expert implementation advice that is useful for getting optimal results.
Authoritative and practical, Data Mining for Systems Biology: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition serves as an ideal resource for researchers of biology and relevant fields, such as medical, pharmaceutical, and agricultural sciences, as well as for the scientists and engineers who are working on developing data-driven techniques, such as databases, data sciences, data mining, visualization systems, and machine learning or artificial intelligence that now are central to the paradigm-altering discoveries being made with a higher frequency.
Metagenomics Epigenomics Metabolomics Data sciences Machine learning Pharmaceutical science Artificial intelligence
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8561-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8560-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8561-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site