About this book
This volume expands on the previous edition with a more extensive look at molecular motors and their roles in muscle contractions, vesicle transport, flagellar beating, chromosome segregation, and DNA replication and repair. The chapters in this book are divided into three parts: Part One looks at membrane motors, such as the bacterial flagellar rotary motor; Part Two discusses cytoskeletal motors, such as kinesin and myosin; and Part Three talks about nucleic acid motors, such as DNA polymerases, helicases, and nucleosome remodelers. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and comprehensive, Molecular Motors: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is a valuable resource for (bio)physicists and molecular/cellular biologists whose research delves into the mechanisms at work in cells and the motors which power them.
ATP hydrolysis vesicle transport flagellar beating chromosome segregation myosins kinesins polymerases helicases nucleoplasm cytoplasm
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8556-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8554-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8556-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site