About this book
This detailed volume explores methods of examining gangliosides, membrane amphiphilic lipids that are deeply involved in the modulation of the overall properties of cellular membranes, as well as of the functions of membrane-associated proteins. The contents take into account the vital availability of new enzymatic approaches, the knowledge of an incredibly extensive number of glyco-enzymes, and the improvement of multi-genetic analyses. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Gangliosides: Methods and Protocols serves as a valuable guidebook for entering in the vast research world of gangliosides.
Glyco-enzymes Spectroscopy Ganglioside structures Membrane-associated proteins Cellular membranes Membrane amphiphilic lipids
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8552-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8551-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8552-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site