About this book
This volume provides a wide range of methods and protocols detailing various protein structures as platforms for building architectures with targeted application. Chapters guide the readers through exploiting a number of protein scaffolds including virus nanoparticles, elastin and collagen peptides and proteins, and other protein templates for either building materials or presentation of ligands. Site-specific bioconjugation methods, some unique protein architectures, and techniques that exploit peptide amphiphile micelles and assembly of chaperones are also featured. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Protein Scaffolds: Design, Synthesis, and Applications aims to ensure successful results in the study of this vital field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7893-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7892-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7893-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site