Table of contents
About this book
This volume discusses the latest research and techniques used to study novel cellulases. The chapters in this book explore topics such as the role of cellulases in lignocellulose deconstruction for generation of a sugar platform for biofuel; screening for novel fungal b-glucosidases in a variety of fungal strains; discovery of novel enzymes in bacteria or fungi; protocols for isolating cellulolytic rumen bacteria; analysis of enzyme mixtures produced by ligocellulolytic fungi; and homology modeling. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Cellulases: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for biochemists, molecular biologists, chemical engineers, and industrial researchers interested in this field.
biomass lignocellulose biorefining archea enzyme production
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7877-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7876-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7877-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site