Table of contents
About this book
This detailed book explores the numerous applications of the yeast two-hybrid (Y2H) system, one of the most commonly used methods to detect protein-protein interactions. Beginning with an overview, the volume then continues by elucidating different methodologies to detect protein-protein interactions in yeast nucleus, membrane, cytoplasm, and bacteria, computational analyses of protein interaction networks, technical variations in yeast one-hybrid (Y1H) systems together with classical and more elaborated yeast methods to detect protein-DNA interactions, as well as protocols to analyze ternary protein interactions and RNA-protein and ligand-protein interactions. The book concludes with a section on methods in plant and mammalian cells that can be used to identify novel protein-protein and protein-DNA interactions and test (qualitatively and/or quantitatively) those observed in yeast. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include the kind of detail and key implementation advice that leads to excellent results in the lab.
Authoritative and practical, Two-Hybrid Systems: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal guide to the uses of this exceedingly valuable technique.
Y2H system Protein-protein interactions Gene expression Yeast biology Protein-DNA interaction Plant and mammalian cells
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7871-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7870-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7871-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site