Table of contents
About this book
This detailed book aims to address the need for standardizing key steps in plant metabolomics research that is still considered a critical issue in the field. The collection unites diverse mass spectrometry (MS)-based protocols, from sample preparation and extraction of plant primary and secondary metabolites (e.g. a range of sugars, lipids, phytohormones and volatile organic compounds) to metabolite analysis, using exclusively highly sensitive MS-based methodologies, followed by frontline bioinformatics and/or mathematical modeling approaches to produce reliable biological data interpretation. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Plant Metabolomics: Methods and Protocols serves both new and well-established researchers in the plant metabolomics field in finding helpful guidelines and useful laboratory-based protocols for setting up their routine plant metabolomics experiments.
Mass spectrometry Data analysis Plant biological samples Liquid chromatography Primary and secondary metabolites Bioinformatics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7819-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7818-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7819-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site