Table of contents
About this book
This detailed volume explores the use of Sertoli cells as models in male reproductive biology or as supporters for other cell types, and it answers the need for standardized protocols for their in vitro culture. Prepared for non-specialists as well as experienced researchers that may be interested in a multidisciplinary approach to study these cells, the book examines these remarkable cells that present some unique features that go far beyond the physical and nutritional support of spermatogenesis. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Sertoli Cells: Methods and Protocols serves as a valuable resource for experienced researchers in reproductive biology, particularly andrologists, but also for future investigators and young students starting to study these extraordinary cells.
Andrology Cell culture Spermatogenesis Reproductive biology Somatic testicular cells
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7698-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7697-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7698-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book