About this book
This volume explores the use of viral metagenomics to diagnose known viruses for plant and food production, human and animal health, and identifying viral vectors like insects. The chapters in this book cover topics, such as sRNAs isolation from tissues of grapevines and woody plants, high-resolution screening of arthropod and plant viral communities, identifying new pathogens in fish, detecting viruses in mycorrhizal fungi and their orchid host, and insect virus discovery through metagenomic and cell culture-based approaches. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and comprehensive, Viral Metagenomics: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for researchers and specialists who are interested in learning more about this evolving field.
deep sequencing Next Generation Sequencing cDNA library preparation bioinformatics siRNAs
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7683-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7682-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7683-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book