Table of contents
About this book
This volume presents an assortment of traditional and emerging experimental procedures relevant to Schwann cell research. The chapters are divided into four parts. Part I contains protocols for in vitro culture, purification, and characterization of primary Schwann cells from diverse species and stages of nerve development. It also contains protocols to create cancer cell lines and engineered Schwann cells from unconventional sources via chemical conversion, induced differentiation or genetic intervention. Parts II and III outline a wide range of methodologies used to study Schwann cells within in vitro and in vivo systems relevant to the analysis of peripheral nerve development, cancer, axon degeneration/regeneration, and myelination. Last but not least, part IV outlines protocols for Schwann cell production, collection, labeling and transplantation in the injured peripheral nerve and spinal cord of experimental animals and human subjects.
Authoritative and practical, Schwann Cells: Methods and Protocols aims to aid both experienced and new investigators to make progress in their research endeavors involving Schwann cells.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7649-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7648-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7649-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site