Table of contents
About this book
This detailed volume presents a comprehensive compendium of clinical metabolomics protocols covering LC-MS, GC-MS, CE-MS, and NMR-based clinical metabolomics as well as bioinformatics and study design considerations. The methodologies explored here form the core of several very promising initiatives evolving around personalized health care and precision medicine, which can be seen as complimentary to the field of clinical chemistry and aid the aforementioned field with novel disease markers and diagnostic patterns. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include brief introductions to their topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Clinical Metabolomics: Methods and Protocols aims to serve as the basis for successful communication between scientists from several fields, including chemists, biologist, bioinformaticians, and clinicians, ultimately leading to effective study design and completion.
Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry Clinical chemistry Personalized health care Precision medicine Disease markers Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7592-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7591-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7592-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site