About this book
This volume discusses techniques to synthesize and functionalize nanoparticles, monitor their delivery and uptake, and identify and evaluate their lethal and non-lethal effects on the metabolic activity of the nervous system. The chapters in this book are divided into 4 sections: photo-stimulation, thermal stimulation, mechanical perturbation, and toxicity and physiological effects. The first 3 sections focus on nanoparticle interactions with external sources that disturb the neuronal system, while the 4th explores the effects of having nanoparticles in a neuronal system in the absence of external stimuli. In Neuromethods series style, chapters include the kind of detail and key advice from the specialists needed to get successful results in your laboratory.
Cutting-edge and comprehensive, Use of Nanoparticles in Neuroscience is a valuable resource for graduate students and specialized researchers that want to learn techniques needed to quantify experiments that use nanoparticles in the nervous system.
photo-stimulation thermal stimulation mechanical perturbation toxicity nanoparticles isolated and cultured neurons cell membranes fluorescent imaging
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7584-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7582-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7584-6
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site