About this book
This volume presents a range of different techniques that have been used to characterize the structure and function of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) in higher plants. Chapters guide readers through application of modern microscopy techniques by fluorescence and electron microscopy, new protocols for analysing ER network structure, methods to purify and analyse ER membrane structure and to study protein glycosylation, protocols to study the unfolded protein response, and the role of the ER in autophagy. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, The Plant Endoplasmic Reticulum: Methods and Protocols aims to ensure successful results in the further study of this vital field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7389-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7388-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7389-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site