About this book
This volume introduces different concepts and methods of detecting RNA in biological material in a variety of model systems. The chapters in this book discuss methods that will answer numerous biological questions that arise in the study of RNAs. Some of the topics covered in this book are single mRNA molecule detection in embryos and neurons; detection of mRNA and associated molecules by ISH-IEM on frozen sections; optimizing molecular beacons for intracellular analysis of RNA; imaging translation dynamics of single mRNA molecules in live cells; preparation of high-throughput sequencing libraries; and capturing RNA binding proteins in embryos and in cell-culture. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and comprehensive, RNA Detection: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for novel and experiences scientist in the expanding field of RNAs.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7213-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7212-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7213-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site