About this book
This volume explores lipidomics through protocols that focus on areas of utility, techniques, and bioinformatics advancements. The protocols in this book cover topics such as isolation of specific membranes and specialized fractionation of subcellular compartments, and computational and functional analysis of lipid metabolizing enzymes. Each protocol also discusses methods of dealing with fractionated organelles—cells to whole organisms. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and comprehensive, Lipidomics: Methods and Protocols is a useful and valuable resource for biochemists, molecular biologists, and neuroscientists interested in neurology, ophthalmology and vision sciences, as well as mass spectrometrists with interest in disease discovery.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6996-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6995-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6996-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site