About this book
This practical volume brings together a broad range of topics related to membrane biology research with particular emphasis on novel approaches, technology platforms, and emerging tools in this area of study. Beginning with chapters pertaining to artificial or designer membrane mimetics that can be utilized for in vitro studies of membrane-lipid interactions, it then continues by covering the approaches and methodologies to directly investigate membrane protein structure, localization, and dynamics. Written for the Springer Protocols Handbooks series, this collection focuses on in-depth, hands-on protocols from experts in the field.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Chemical and Synthetic Approaches in Membrane Biology serves as an ideal guide to researchers investigating the vital properties of cellular membranes.
Membrane protein structure Membrane protein dynamics Drug targets Novel therapeutics Lipid membranes Lipid-protein interactions Mimetics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6836-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6835-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6836-7
- Series Print ISSN 1949-2448
- Series Online ISSN 1949-2456
- Buy this book on publisher's site