Table of contents
About this book
This detailed volume explores numerous histochemical techniques through a series of lab-tested protocols for the detection of specific molecules or metabolic processes, both at light and electron microscopy. More in detail, the book is divided into six sections covering a variety of chemical targets. It begins with a section on vital histochemistry and continues with chapters on histochemistry as it relates to lectins, proteins, lipids, DNA and RNA, as well as plants. The volume also contains four overview chapters on vital histochemistry, lectin histochemistry, and DNA fluorochromes. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Histochemistry of Single Molecules: Methods and Protocols aims to effectively help scientists in very different research fields to elucidate biological issues though a unique approach to molecular biology in situ.
Histology Nucleic acid detection Metabolic processes Optical and electron microscopy Histochemical techniques Chemical targets Cytochemical methods
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6788-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6787-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6788-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site