Table of contents
About this book
This volume focuses on the use of system genetic methods and the use of murine models to study the role of gene variants and environmental factors on human health and disease—what is now often called personalized or precision health care. The protocols in this book will help readers analyze genetic causes of heritable variation across a wide range of systems and traits using rodent models. The chapters in this book are separated into three sections that cover: 1) resources for systems genetics; 2) tools for analysis and integration in systems genetics; and 3) systems genetics use cases. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and tools, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and thorough, Systems Genetics: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for anyone who is interested in this diverse field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6427-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6425-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6427-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site