About this book
This volume is the result of an explosion of
molecular-based research on Cilia, which began with the discovery of the
universality of intraflagellar transport (IFT) and ciliary genomics/proteomics.
The chapters in this book cover topics such as: high resolution imaging and
functional characterization of sensory and primary cilia in mammalian cells and
zebrafish, methods to study ciliary-mediated chemoresponse in Paramecium,
and methods to study centrosomes and cilia in C. elegans and Drosophila.
Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format,
chapters include introduction to their respective topics, lists of the
necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory
protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and cutting-edge, Cilia: Methods and Protocols is broad and covers motile, sensory, and primary cells. It is a valuable resource to anyone interested in entering the field of ciliary biology using model organisms, including flagellate algae, ciliates, planaria, nematodes, insects, zebrafish, and mammalian cells.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3789-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3787-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3789-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site