About this book
This detailed volume encompasses chapters from leading experts in the area of membrane proteins who describe step-by-step protocols developed these last few years to improve the functional production and stabilization of recombinant integral membrane proteins (IMPs). Membrane proteins play a key role in numerous pathologies such as cancer, cystic fibrosis, epilepsy, hyperinsulinism, and Alzheimer’s disease, yet studies on these and other disorders are hampered by a lack of information about the proteins involved. This book sets out to aid researchers in rectifying this situation. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and up-to-date, Heterologous Expression of Membrane Proteins: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition serves as an ideal guide for scientists attempting to delve deeper into the myriad unique IMP structures.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3637-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3635-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3637-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site