Table of contents
About this book
The primary purpose of this volume is to demonstrate the range of applications of the Pyrosequencing technology in research and diagnostics and to provide detailed protocols. Beginning with an up-to-date overview of the biochemistry, the volume continues with quantitative analysis of genetic variation, ratio of expressed alleles at the RNA level, analysis of DNA methylation, global DNA methylation assays, specialized applications for DNA methylation analysis including loss of imprinting, single blastocyst analysis, allele-specific DNA methylation patterns, DNA methylation patterns associated with specific histone modifications. The volume further details tools and protocols for the detection of viruses and bacteria, and genetic and epigenetic analyses for forensics using Pyrosequencing. As a volume in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and adaptable, Pyrosequencing: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition will greatly aid doctorial students, postdoctoral investigators, and research scientists studying different aspects of genetics and cellular and molecular biology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2715-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2714-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2715-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site