Table of contents
About this book
This volume represents a valuable and readily reproducible collection of established and emerging techniques for neuronal cell death research. Conveniently divided into four parts, sections cover a series of techniques for the molecular, structural, functional and genomic characterization of dying neurons, a number of protocols that are of primary interest in neuropathology and in experimental neuropathology, a series of gene engineering techniques to obtain and manipulate neuronal stem cells and progenitors, to prepare HSV-1 vectors for the gene therapy, and to CNS transplantation of bone marrow stem cells, and finally, some very interesting protocols for the study of cell death in non-mammalian models. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and easily accessible, Neuronal Cell Death: Methods and Protocols seeks to serve a large audience of scientists that are currently active in the field or are willing to enter such an exciting and still expanding area of neurobiology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2152-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2151-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2152-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site