Table of contents
About this book
This volume presents 30 state-of-the-art protocols and reviews to set up and apply primary hepatocyte cultures for research and screening purposes. The first part of the book focuses on the use of these particular liver-based in vitro models to study the different aspects of the hepatocyte life cycle, including cell growth, differentiation and cell death. The second part of the book is targeted towards the demonstration of the applicability of primary hepatocyte cultures, or liver-based in vitro models derived thereof, for functionality and toxicity testing. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step and readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Protocols In In-Vitro Hepatocyte Research is intended for basic and applied researchers in the area of pharmacology and toxicology, both in academic and industrial settings.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2074-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2073-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2074-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site