About this book
This volume covers broad aspects of cell expansion in three different cell types: root hairs, pollen tubes, and hypocothyl cells. Chapters focus on the cutting-edge methods to study in detail several complex aspects of cell expansion such as secretion, endocytosis and recycling, cellular signaling and trafficking, and protein and polysaccharides cell wall biosynthesis in real time during cell expansion. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Plant Cell Expansion: Methods and Protocols is an essential reference book for plant scientist, molecular, and cell biologist as well as plant biochemists.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1902-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1901-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1902-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site