About this book
From reviews of Deer, eds., Comprehensive Treatment of Chronic Pain by Medical, Interventional, and Integrative Approaches:
"Comprehensive Treatment of Chronic Pain by Medical, Interventional, and Integrative Approaches is a major textbook...
[I]t should be a part of all departmental libraries and in the reference collection of pain fellows and pain practitioners. In fact, this text could be to pain as Miller is to general anesthesia."
Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology
Edited by master clinician-experts appointed by the American Academy of Pain Medicine, this is a soft cover version of the Integrative section of the acclaimed Deer, eds., Comprehensive Treatment of Chronic Pain by Medical, Interventional, and Integrative Approaches. It is intended as a primary reference for busy clinicians who seek up-to-date and authoritative information about integrative approaches to treating chronic pain.
- Behavioral dimensions of the experience and management of pain
- Integrative approaches for treating the "whole person"
- Legal issues, such as failure to treat pain
- First-hand patient accounts
- "Key Points" preview contents of each chapter