Table of contents
About this book
Bacterial Artificial Chromosomes, Second Edition expands upon the previous edition with current, detailed methods developed for working with BACs. Updated chapters included in this edition present fundamental techniques used for BAC construction and characterization, advanced procedures for introducing modifications, achieving gene expression from BAC vectors, applications of BACs in model organisms, and medical genetics and drug discovery. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips to troubleshoot and avoid known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Bacterial Artificial Chromosomes, Second Edition seeks to aid scientists in advancing their research using these exciting BAC techniques and strategies.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1652-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1651-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1652-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book