About this book
Biomimetics and Stem Cells: Methods and Protocols collects a series of approaches to demonstrate the role and value of biomimetics for the better understanding of stem cell behavior and the acceleration of their application in regenerative medicine. Recent advances in tissue engineering are enabling scientists to ‘‘instruct’’ stem cells toward differentiating into the right phenotypes, in the right place and at the right time. Given these advances, biomimetic environments are being designed to recapitulate, in vitro, the combinations of factors known to guide tissue development and regeneration in vivo and thereby help unlock the full potential of the stem cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and essential, Biomimetics and Stem Cells: Methods and Protocols focuses on the use of biomimetic systems for stem cells in order to aid in moving this vital field of study forward.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1332-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1331-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1332-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site