Table of contents
About this book
In Basophils and Mast Cells: Methods and Protocols, experts in this challenging field explore techniques to research these cells from the most practical point of view. Given the tremendous influence of mast cells and blood-borne basophils over immune system function, this volume intends to aid the reader in the development of better tools for the isolation of these cells from primary tissues, peripheral blood, bone marrow, or cord blood. Also covered are protocols for the in vitro and in vivo study of their functions. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology format, chapters in this book contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls straight from the researchers who use the methods most.
Authoritative and easy to use, Basophils and Mast Cells: Methods and Protocols will provide the necessary tools for future research into mast cells and basophils with the goal of aiding in the quest to shed more light on these fascinating cell types.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1173-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1172-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1173-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site