About this book
This volume provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review in the field of experimental and human nephrogenesis. The book reviews new data on the effects on kidney development by neonatal asphyxia, obstructive uropathies, nephrotoxic drugs, malnutrition, underfeeding, overfeeding, and provides all possible preventive measures to ensure the well-being of the kidney at birth. The book also discusses the possible implications between renal development and the insurgence of kidney disease in adult life, and the correlation with renal carcinogenesis.
Written by well recognized experts in their fields, Kidney Development in Renal Pathology is a valuable tool for pathologists, neonatologists, nephrologists, gynecologists, and researchers with an interest in kidney diseases.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0947-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0946-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0947-6
- Series Print ISSN 2197-781X
- Series Online ISSN 2197-7828
- Buy this book on publisher's site