Table of contents
About this book
Optimization in Science and Engineering is dedicated in honor of the 60th birthday of Distinguished Professor Panos M. Pardalos. Pardalos’s past and ongoing work has made a significant impact on several theoretical and applied areas in modern optimization. As tribute to the diversity of Dr. Pardalos’s work in Optimization, this book comprises a collection of contributions from experts in various fields of this rich and diverse area of science.
Topics highlight recent developments and include:
- Deterministic global optimization
- Variational inequalities and equilibrium problems
- Approximation and complexity in numerical optimization
- Non-smooth optimization
- Statistical models and data mining
- Applications of optimization in medicine, energy systems, and complex network analysis
This volume will be of great interest to graduate students, researchers, and practitioners, in the fields of optimization and engineering.