About this book
Quantitative Real-Time PCR: Methods and Protocols focuses on different applications of qPCR ranging from microbiological detections (both viral and bacterial) to pathological applications. Several chapters deal with quality issues which regard the quality of starting material, the knowledge of the minimal information required to both perform an assay and to set the experimental plan, while the others focus on translational medicine applications that are ordered following an approximate logical order of their medical application. The last part of the book gives you an idea of an emerging digital PCR technique that is a unique qPCR approach for measuring nucleic acid, particularly suited for low level detection and to develop non-invasive diagnosis. Written for the Methods in Molecular Biology series, most chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and authoritative, Quantitative Real-Time PCR: Methods and Protocols aims to aid researchers seeking to devise new qPCR-based approaches related to his or her area of investigation.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0733-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0732-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0733-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site