Table of contents
About this book
Chronic pain from job-related stressors is responsible for countless lost work hours and considerable lost revenue--and if current statistics are any indication, the problem isn't going away anytime soon. Between rising numbers of affected workers and rising health care costs, musculoskeletal pain has taken on crisis proportions.
The Handbook of Musculoskeletal Pain and Disability Disorders in the Workplace addresses the complex state of the issues in authoritative and practical fashion. Divided evenly between common occupational pain disorders, conceptual and methodological issues, and evidence-based intervention methods, this comprehensive reference presents current findings on prevalence, causation, and physical and psychosocial aspects common to these disorders. Attention is given to working-world concerns, including insurance and compensation issues and AMA guidelines for disability evaluations. Also, specialized chapters offer lenses for understanding and administering the best approaches for treating specific pain disorders, as well as explore what workplaces can do to accommodate affected employees and prevent injuries from occurring in the first place. Among the Handbook's featured topics:
- Chronic widespread pain.
- Whiplash injuries: etiology, assessment, and treatment.
- Acute, postacute, and chronic disorders: differences and potential recovery outcomes.
- Medicolegal issues involved in occupational musculoskeletal injuries.
- Self-management techniques for musculoskeletal pain.
- Models of return-to-work for musculoskeletal disorders.
The Handbook of Musculoskeletal Pain and Disability Disorders in the Workplace offers expert, up-to-date coverage suited to health psychologists, rehabilitation specialists (including physical, vocational, and occupational therapists), human resources and disability managementprofessionals, and occupational medicine physicians.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0612-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0611-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0612-3
- Series Print ISSN 2198-7084
- Series Online ISSN 2198-7092
- Buy this book on publisher's site