About this book
Turning Silicon into Gold is a sharp analysis of 25 case studies examining just that. Authors Griffin Kao, Jessica Hong, Michael Perusse, and Weizhen Sheng provide relevant commentary as they explore the stories behind companies such as Apple, Amazon, OpenTable, and many more. These organizations used unique problem-solving strategies to forever change the face of tech—whether it was Facebook’s second mover advantage over MySpace or Nintendo’s leap of faith in the 1980s to revitalize the video game industry.
Learn by example as Turning Silicon into Gold divulges the inner workings behind some of the most significant business decisions in tech history. The nuanced ways these companies tackled emerging markets and generated growth in uncertain times is essential knowledge for modern business leaders, innovators, and aspiring founders. Whether you are simply curious about the origins of the world’s tech giants or you are an entrepreneur looking for inspiration, the thoughtful, comprehensive case study collection that is Turning Silicon into Gold belongs on your bookshelf.
- Book Title Turning Silicon into Gold
- Book Subtitle The Strategies, Failures, and Evolution of the Tech Industry
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-5629-9
- Copyright Information Griffin Kao, Jessica Hong, Michael Perusse and Weizhen Sheng 2020
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-5628-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-5629-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 194
- Number of Illustrations 13 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site