About this book
Build an in-depth understanding of the Istio service mesh and see why a service mesh is required for a distributed application. This book covers the Istio architecture and its features using a hands-on approach with language-neutral examples. To get your Istio environment up and running, you will go through its setup and learn the concepts of control plane and data plane. You will become skilled with the new concepts and apply them with best practices to continuously deliver applications.
- Discover the Istio architecture components and the Envoy proxy
- Master traffic management for service routing and application deployment
- Build application resiliency using timeout, circuit breakers, and connection pools
- Monitor using Prometheus and Grafana
- Configure application security