Become a more effective tech professional by learning how to provide the most useful IT support for your users. You'll learn how to efficiently and effectively deal with any type of problem, including operating systems, software, and hardware. IT support is often complex, time-consuming, and expensive, but it doesn't have to be with the right processes in place.
Whether you're an individual, part of an IT support team, or managing staff supporting PC users in their homes, The IT Support Handbook
will help you understand the right way to approach, troubleshoot, and isolate problems so they can be handled efficiently, with least disruption and cost to your business. You'll make yourself popular with your colleagues, and keep your customers and users happy and productive.
What You'll Learn:
- Manage reporting, and keep a record of issues that occur
- Provide effective remote support for users away from home or working in another office
- Use error and system reporting in Windows to obtain high-quality, relevant information
- Spot patterns in user behavior that may be causing difficult-to-diagnose problems
- Be familiar with best practices to make you a better support professional
This book is for IT professionals, IT support (on-site and remote), and system administrators who manage support teams. No prior knowledge is required.
Mike Halsey is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) awardee and technical expert. As the author of Windows 7, 8, and 10 troubleshooting books and associated videos, he is well versed in the problems and issues faced by PC users, IT pros, and system administrators when administering and maintaining all aspects of a PC ecosystem. Mike is a teacher and prolific author who uses his training to educate people about complex subjects in simple and straightforward ways.