About this book
Expand your basic knowledge of Python and use PyGame to create fast-paced video games with great graphics and sounds. This second edition shows how you can integrate electronic components with your games using the build-in general purpose input/output (GPIO) pins and some Python code to create two new games.
You'll learn about object-oriented programming (OOP) as well as design patterns, such as model-view-controller (MVC) and finite-state machines (FSMs). Whether using Windows, macOS, Linux, or a Raspberry Pi, you can unleash the power of Python and PyGame to create great looking games.
The book also includes complete code listings and explanations for "Bricks," "Snake," and "Invaders"—three fully working games. These allow you to get started in making your own great games and then modify them or build your own exciting titles. The concepts are further explained using games such as “Copycat,” where the player must concentrate and repeat the sequence of lights, and “Couch Quiz,” in which PyGame and electronic components create a quiz game for 4 players.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-4533-0
- Copyright Information Sloan Kelly 2019
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-4532-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-4533-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site