Write SQL statements that are more powerful, simpler, and faster using Oracle SQL and its full range of features. This book provides a clearer way of thinking about SQL by building sets, and provides practical advice for using complex features while avoiding anti-patterns that lead to poor performance and wrong results. Relevant theories, real-world best practices, and style guidelines help you get the most out of Oracle SQL.
Pro Oracle SQL Development is for anyone who already knows Oracle SQL and is ready to take their skills to the next level. Many developers, analysts, testers, and administrators use Oracle databases frequently, but their queries are limited because they do not have the knowledge, experience, or right environment to help them take full advantage of Oracle’s advanced features. This book will inspire you to achieve more with your Oracle SQL statements through tips for creating your own style for writing simple, yet powerful, SQL. It teaches you how to think about and solve performance problems in Oracle SQL, and covers advanced topics and shows you how to become an Oracle expert.
What You'll Learn:
- Understand the power of Oracle SQL and where to apply it
- Create a database development environment that is simple, scalable, and conducive to learning
- Solve complex problems that were previously solved in a procedural language
- Write large Oracle SQL statements that are powerful, simple, and fast
- Apply coding styles to make your SQL statements more readable
- Tune large Oracle SQL statements to eliminate and avoid performance problems