About this book
When companies choose to roll out Salesforce, users expect it to be the place to find any and all Information related to a customer—the coveted Client 360° view. On the day you go live, users expect to see all their accounts, contacts, and historical data in the system. They also expect that data entered in other systems will be exposed in Salesforce automatically and in a timely manner.This book shows you how to migrate all your legacy data to Salesforce and then design integrations to your organization's mission-critical systems. As the Salesforce platform grows more powerful, it also grows in complexity. Whether you are migrating data to Salesforce, or integrating with Salesforce, it is important to understand how these complexities need to be reflected in your design.
Developing Data Migrations and Integrations with Salesforce covers everything you need to know to migrate your data to Salesforce the right way, and how to design low-maintenance, high-performing data integrations with Salesforce. This book is written by a practicing Salesforce integration architect with dozens of Salesforce projects under his belt. The patterns and practices covered in this book are the results of the lessons learned during those projects.
What You’ll Learn:
- Know how Salesforce’s data engine is architected and why
- Use the Salesforce Data APIs to load and extract data
- Plan and execute your data migration to Salesforce
- Design low-maintenance, high-performing data integrations with Salesforce
- Understand common data integration patterns and the pros and cons of each
- Know real-time integration options for Salesforce
- Be aware of common pitfalls
- Build reusable transformation code covering commonly needed Salesforce transformation patterns