About this book
There are plenty of books focusing on big data and using data analytics to improve websites, or on utilizing usability testing and UX research methods for improvement. This is the first book that combines both subjects into a methodology you can use over and over again to improve any website.
UX Optimization is ideal for anyone who wants to combine the power of quantitative data with the insights provided by qualitative data to improve website results. The book uses step-by-step instructions with photos, drawings, and supporting screenshots to show you how to: define personas, conduct behavioral UX data analysis, perform UX and usability testing evaluations, and combine behavioral UX and usability data to create a powerful set of optimization recommendations that can dramatically improve any website.
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand personas: what they are and how to use them to analyze data
- Use quantitative research tools and techniques for analysis
- Know where to find UX behavioral data and when to use it
- Use qualitative research tools, techniques, and procedures
- Analyze qualitative data to find patterns of consistent task flow errors
- Combine qualitative and quantitative data for a 360-degree view
- Make recommendations for optimizations based on your findings
- Test optimization recommendations to ensure improvements are achieved