Table of contents
About this book
Discover the true value of Developer Relations as you learn to build and maintain positive relationships with your developer community. Use the principles laid out in this book to walk through your company goals and discover how you can formulate a plan tailored to your specific needs.
First you will understand the value of a technical community: why you need to foster a community and how to do it. Then you will learn how to be involved in community building on a daily basis: finding the right audience, walking the tightrope between representing the company and building a personal brand, in-person events, and more.
Featuring interviews with Developer Relations professionals from many successful companies including Red Hat, Google, Chef, Docker, Mozilla, SparkPost, Heroku, Twilio, CoreOS, and more, and with a foreword by Jono Bacon, The Business Value of Developer Relations is the perfect book for anyone who is working in the tech industry and wants to understand where DevRel is now and how to get involved. Don’t get left behind – join the community today.
- Book Title The Business Value of Developer Relations
- Book Subtitle How and Why Technical Communities Are Key To Your Success
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3748-9
- Copyright Information Mary Thengvall 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-3747-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-3748-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIII, 237
- Number of Illustrations 12 b/w illustrations, 29 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site