About this book
Learn how to program using the updated C++17 language. You'll start with the basics and progress through step-by-step examples to become a working C++ programmer. All you need are Beginning C++17 and any recent C++ compiler and you'll soon be writing real C++ programs. There is no assumption of prior programming knowledge.
All language concepts that are explained in the book are illustrated with working program examples, and all chapters include exercises for you to test and practice your knowledge. Code downloads are provided for all examples from the text and solutions to the exercises.
This latest edition has been fully updated to the latest version of the language, C++17, and to all conventions and best practices of so-called modern C++. Beginning C++17 also introduces the elements of the C++ Standard Library that provide essential support for the C++17 language.
- Define variables and make decisions
- Work with arrays and loops, pointers and references, strings, and more
- Write your own functions, types, and operators
- Discover the essentials of object-oriented programming
- Use overloading, inheritance, virtual functions and polymorphism
- Write generic function templates and class templates
- Get up to date with modern C++ features: auto type declarations, move semantics, lambda expressions, and more
- Examine the new additions to C++17
C++ C++17 programming software code Ivor Horton tutorial
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3366-5
- Copyright Information Ivor Horton and Peter Van Weert 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-3365-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-3366-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site